egrade.py is a Tk-GUI script for grading 1 student on 1 file to be
graded (eg, test output). It is either invoked by markem.py or can be run directly from the command line. For a file to
be graded named category and directory named userid,
a typical usage is:
egrade.py category userid
The GUI frame consists of the following elements:
- A label entitled Grading Key.
- A listbox of grading key entries appropriate to current
category. Click to select an item.
- A label giving the current grading category.
- A textbox for entering new key entries (colon-separated);
depressing the Enter key causes the textbox entry to be added to the
grading key entries. The new key entry is appended to the file
- A label giving the current userid.
- A listbox giving the output or source program to be graded.
Click to select an item.
- A row of buttons:
- Mark: the selected grading key item is inserted (with a
leading special marker) before the selected item.
- Delete: the selected userid item is deleted if it is an inserted
mark (grading key item).
- Add: the textbox entry (if not empty) is added to the grading key
listbox and appended to the file
This button duplicates the function of depressing the Enter key
in the textbox.
- Save: the items in the userid listbox is saved to the graded file
in the directory named userid. This graded work filename is the
category + ".grd".
- Quit: does a save and then quits.
Mar 6, 2006