I got my Ph.D. degree at the College of William and Mary in fall 2016. My advisor is Prof. Qun Li.
My research interests lie in the broad area of cybersecurity and mobile computing. For cybersecurity, my research focuses on security and privacy of Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) and wireless networks. I developed efficient algorithms to identify possible cyber attacks and provided countermeasures in crucial CPS (such as electric power system) and wireless networks (such as cognitive radio networks), and designed algorithms to secure the wireless communication through a novel symmetric key management in body sensor networks (such as an implantable medical device system). I also designed and implemented an efficient privacy-preserving mechanism to protect both the interest of the seller and the privacy of the buyers in a two-party transaction in wireless networks, which involves complicated cryptographic knowledge. For mobile computing, I designed and implemented a novel system for mobile app testing, and I am also working on mobile app migration in Internet of Things (IoT).
My expertise is in security and privacy of massive systems/networks, and mobile computing. I have strong experiences in security analysis, algorithm design, system implementation, data analysis, and simulation/modeling.
- MobiPlay: A Remote Execution Based Record-and-Replay Tool for Mobile Applications
Zhengrui Qin, Yutao Tang, Ed Novak, and Qun Li
To appear at the 38th International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE)
Austin, Texas, May 14-22, 2016.
A video on YouTube
- GlassGesture: Exploring Head Gesture Interface of Smart Glasses
Shanhe Yi, Zhengrui Qin, Ed Novak, Yafeng Yin, and Qun Li
To appear at the 35th Annual IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM)
San Francisco, CA, April 10-15, 2016.
- Fog Computing: Platform and Applications
Shanhe Yi, Zijiang Hao, Zhengrui Qin, and Qun Li
The 3rd IEEE Workshop on Hot Topics in Web Systems and Technologies (HotWeb)
Washington, D.C., USA, November 12-13, 2015
- Graphical Passwords for Older Computer Users
Nancy Carter, Ed Novak, Cheng Li, Zhengrui Qin, and Qun Li
Doctoral Symposium at User Interface Software and Technology Symposium (ACM UIST)
Charlotte, NC, November 8-11, 2015.
- Security and Privacy Issues of Fog Computing: A Survey
Shanhe Yi, Zhengrui Qin, and Qun Li
The 10th International Conference on Wireless Algorithms, Systems, and Applications (WASA)
Qufu, China, August 10-12, 2015.
- Preserving Secondary Users' Privacy in Cognitive Radio Networks
Zhengrui Qin, Shanhe Yi, Qun Li, and Dmitry Zamkov
The 33rd Annual IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM)
Toronto, Canada, April 27- May 2, 2014.
- Unidentifiable Attacks in Electric Power Systems
Zhengrui Qin, Qun Li, and Mooi-Choo Chuah
ACM/IEEE 3rd International Conference on Cyber-Physical System (ICCPS)
Beijing, China, April, 2012
- IMDGuard: Securing Implantable Medical Devices with the External Wearable Guardian
Fengyuan Xu, Zhengrui Qin, Chiu C. Tan, Baosheng Wang, and Qun Li
The 30th Annual IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM)
Shanghai, China, April 10-15, 2011.
Other Publications (Physics)
- Zhengrui Qin, R. E. Denton, and N. A. Tsyganenko, Solar wind parameters for magnetospheric magnetic field modeling, Space Weather, Vol. 5, 2007.
- Zhengrui Qin and R. E. Denton, Magnetospheric Electron Density Distribution, GEM Conference, Salt Lake City, Utah, June, 2007.
- Zhengrui Qin and R. E. Denton, Solar Wind Parameters for Magnetic Field Modeling, AGU Joint Assembly, Baltimore, Maryland, May, 2006.
- C.-Y. Tu, E. Marsch, and Zhengrui Qin, Dependence of the proton beam drift velocity on the proton core plasma beta in the solar wind, Journal of Geophysical Research, Vol. 109, No. A5, 2004.
- Zhengrui Qin, C.-Y. Tu, and E.Marsch, Radial evolution of the proton beam density in the solar wind, Chinese Journal of Space Science, Vol. 24, 2004.
- Program committee member of:
- The 3rd International Conference on Future Internet of Things and Cloud (FiCloud 2015).
- Conference/Workshop Reviewer of:
- IEEE CNS 2015;
- IEEE GLOBECOM 2015;
- IEEE CNS 2014;
- IEEE MASS 2012;
- WASA 2012;
- Networking 2012;
- MilCom 2011;
- IEEE GLOBECOM 2011 - Next Generation Networking Symposium;
- CPNS 2011;
- IEEE FRID 2011;
- ICC 2011 Adhoc, Sensor and Mesh Networking Symposium.
- Journal Reviewer of:
- International Journal of Computer Networks (IJCN);
- International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks (IJDSN);
- IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS);
- IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications (TWC);
- Wireless Spectrum Journal;
- KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems;
- Transactions on Information Forensics & Security.
Last updated on April 25, 2016