Denys Poshyvanyk is an Associate Professor in the Computer Science Department at William and Mary (see W&M by numbers) where he leads SEMERU research group. He received his Ph.D. from Wayne State University, where he was advised by Dr. Andrian Marcus.
His current research is in the area of software engineering, evolution and maintenance, program comprehension, reverse engineering, software privacy, repository mining, traceability, performance testing, mobile app (Android) development and testing, energy consumption, and reuse. His papers received several Best Paper Awards at ICPC'06, ICPC'07, ICSM'10, SCAM'10, ICSM'13 and ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Paper Awards at ASE'13, ICSE'15, ESEC/FSE'15 and ICPC'16. He also received the Most Influential Paper Award at ICSME'16. He is a recipient of the NSF CAREER award (2013).
Currently, he serves on the steering committee of the IEEE International Conference on Software Maintenance and Evolution (ICSME). He also served as a PC Co-chair for ICSME'16. He also served as a PC Co-Chair for ICPC'13, WCRE'12, and WCRE'11. He currently serves on the editorial board of the Empirical Software Engineering Journal (Springer).
- PC member for ICSE'18, FSE'17, ICSE'17, ICPE'17, SANER'17, ICSR'17
- Our ICSM'06 paper from ten years ago receives the Most Influential Paper Award at ICSME'16!
- Our ICPC'16 paper receives ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Paper Award!
- Mario successfully defended his dissertation! Mario will be joining Universidad de los Andes, Colombia as a tenure-track Assistant Professor in Fall 2016!
- Recently accepted papers at ASE'16, FSE'16, ISSTA'16, ICSE'16-Demo, ICPC'16, ICST'16, ICPE'16, SANER'16, JSEP and EMSE