Denys Poshyvanyk is an Associate Professor in the Computer Science Department at William and Mary (see W&M by numbers) where he leads SEMERU research group. He received his Ph.D. from Wayne State University, where he was advised by Dr. Andrian Marcus.
His current research is in the area of software engineering, evolution and maintenance, program comprehension, reverse engineering, software privacy, repository mining, traceability, performance testing, mobile app (Android) development and testing, energy consumption, and reuse. His papers received several Best Paper Awards at ICPC'06, ICPC'07, ICSM'10, SCAM'10, ICSM'13 and ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Paper Awards at ASE'13, ICSE'15, and ESEC/FSE'15. He is also a recipient of the NSF CAREER award (2013).
Currently, he serves on the steering committee of the IEEE International Conference on Software Maintenance and Evolution (ICSME) and IEEE International Conference on Program Comprehension (ICPC). He also serves as a PC Co-chair for ICSME'16. He also served as a PC Co-Chair for ICPC'13, WCRE'12, and WCRE'11. He currently serves on the editorial board of the Empirical Software Engineering Journal (Springer).
- Mario wins 2016 Stephen K. Park Graduate Research Award!
- Recently accepted papers at ISSTA'16, ICSE'16-Demo, ICPC'16, ICST'16, ICPE'16, SANER'16 and EMSE
- Mario receives the Best Presentation Award at ICSME'15 Industrial Track
- Our ESEC/FSE'15 paper received ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Paper Award!
- Two new NSF grants (CNS-1510239 and CCF-1525902)!
- Our paper on "Mining Version Histories for Detecting Code Smells" is a featured article from May 2015 TSE issue
- Our paper on "The Impact of API Change- and Fault-Proneness on the User Ratings of Android Apps" is a featured article from April 2015 TSE issue
- Our ICSE'15 paper received ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Paper Award!
- Collin McMillan wins NSF CAREER Award! [story]
- Joined the editorial board of the Empirical Software Engineering Journal (Springer)
- PC Co-chair for ICSME'16!
- Elected to the ICSME steering committee!
- PC member for ICSE'17, FSE'16, ICSE'16, SANER'16, ICPC'16
- REU openings for qualified W&M undergraduate students are available!