Denys Poshyvanyk is an Associate Professor in the Computer Science Department at William and Mary (see W&M by numbers) where he leads SEMERU research group. He received his Ph.D. from Wayne State University, where he was advised by Dr. Andrian Marcus.
His current research is in the area of software engineering, evolution and maintenance, program comprehension, reverse engineering, software privacy, repository mining, traceability, performance testing, mobile app (Android) development and testing, energy consumption, and reuse. His papers received several Best Paper Awards at ICPC'06, ICPC'07, ICSM'10, SCAM'10, ICSM'13 and ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Paper Award at ASE'13. He is also a recipient of the NSF CAREER award (2013).
Currently, he serves on the steering committee of the IEEE International Conference on Software Maintenance and Evolution (ICSME) and IEEE International Conference on Program Comprehension (ICPC). He will serve as a PC Co-chair for ICSME'16. He also served as a PC Co-Chair for ICPC'13, WCRE'12, and WCRE'11. He currently serves on the editorial board of the Empirical Software Engineering Journal (Springer).
- Our ICSE'15 paper is to receive ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Paper Award!
- Recently accepted papers at ISSTA'15, ICSE'15, MSR'15, ICPC'15, TSE and EMSE
- Collin McMillan wins NSF CAREER Award! [story]
- Invited to the editorial board of the Empirical Software Engineering Journal (Springer)
- PC Co-chair for ICSME'16!
- Elected to the ICSME steering committee!
- PC member for ICSE'16, SANER'16, ICSE'15, ICSME'15, MSR'15, ICPC'15, TEFSE'15
- REU openings for qualified W&M undergraduate students are available!